Friday, October 5, 2012

LGBT issues

First, in answering the question if I can name any gay, lesbian, or transsexual characters in gaming, the answer is no. And that's probably due to the fact that almost all the games I participate in are centered around the "strong heterosexual man type."

Now, to be perfectly honest, the issues that surround LGBT's do not concern me, simply because I don't care what someone's sexual orientation is. I am not gay; I do not have children who are gay; none of my friends are gay; and I am not a politician who's up for reelection where this topic would affect my votes. The issues surrounding the subject that are in the media are of no consequence. Simply put, I really don't care. This may not be the politically correct response, or may be insensitive, but it's just the way I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment